WOMEN NEED SUPPORT NOW MORE THAN EVER BEFORE
Things are beginning to change for the better, but support for Women’s Issues has historically not been given the attention that it deserves. Decades of neglect and lack of support has adversely affected women in general and statistics clearly show why women need extensive support now more than any other time in our history. Consider the facts listed below and ask yourself:
“How did it ever come to pass that we suffered so much without anyone hearing our cries for help?”
WOMEN ARE MORE LIKELY THAN MEN TO…..
- Not get the mental and physical care that they need due to work, childcare, family responsibilities and demands? We put ourselves last
- Perceive themselves to be in fair or worse health. In 2019, a study from Kaiser Family Foundation revealed that a total of 18% of women believed their health to be considered fair or poor.
- Seek counseling and support from a professional.
- Live longer! Women will seek medical care more promptly, along with engage in less risky behaviors
- Serve as caregiver for aging parents or elders
- Endure poverty over generations
- Be denied opportunities for educational and occupational advancements. Poverty is the #1 factor that prevents women from receiving educational opportunities.
- Stay in an abusive relationship and endure domestic violence
- Fight oppression, biases, and stigma on a daily basis
WOMEN ARE ALSO MORE LIKELY THAN MEN TO….
- Battle Depression and Anxiety
- Admit Feelings of Sadness and Seek Help
- Consume alcohol during COVID to help take off the edge and cope with stress and anxiety!
- Go to the ER for prescription drug overdose or misuse anti-anxiety and sleeping aid pills
- Use methamphetamines to get more energy and weight loss. Studies show that women who choose to use meth believe that the drug will help them manage the stress and demands of work, family, and child care
- Suffer alcohol related problems due to difference in cultural pressures, body weight, muscle mass , hormones, and neurological functioning and processing
- Be more susceptible to drug cravings and relapse
- Overdose on prescription painkillers
- Manage stress, anxiety and depression with illegal substances
Women have fought long and hard in order to bring attention to these issues and their fight for equality in all areas of life has not gone unnoticed. Despite the heartache, despair, struggles and challenges women have staid the course. They were determined to rise up together and get the help that they so rightly deserved. They have carved a new path for themselves and future generations full of potential, wonder and unlimited possibilities. Working together, women can accomplish anything and everything.
WE DON’T HAVE TO DO ALL OF IT ALONE; WE WERE NEVER MEANT TO
by Brene Brown
We’re Here to Help, So Let’s Do This Together!
Just a few resources……
Women’s Health and Wellness
For more resources, check out my RESOURCES page for updated information. Please contact me for additional information and resources.