Our Video Mental Health Care Partner, Doxy.me
How Doxy.me Works
Doxy.me was designed to provide secure video calls for mental health and medical professionals and their clients/patients. Clients/patients don’t have sign-up for an account or download any type of software for their desktop, laptop, mobile device or smartphone. All clients/patients have to do is enter their counselor’s personalized URL web address in their computers or mobile devices and check into their counselors’ virtual waiting room.
Doxy.me is completely secure and compliant with HIPAA, GDPR, PHIPA/PIPEDA, and HITECH requirements. This means that all client/patient data is safely protected with 128-bit encryption, but your data is never stored by Doxy.me. Client/Patients remain anonymous to Doxy.me and no other type of data gets recorded. When the audio/video call and screen-sharing session ends, all of the data is permanently destroyed.
Doxy.me protects counselor-client and doctor-patient confidentiality and strengthens the relationship between mental health professionals and their clients that need support. It is accessible 24/7 from anywhere and everywhere with your desktop, laptop, tablet or smartphone.
Doxy.me is a tele-mental health solution for mental health professionals with a long list of useful features for clients:
- It’s simple, convenient to use right from your browser and clients don’t need to open an account or download any kind of software.
- It is totally private and secure
- Online Video sessions are available as well as Live Chat
- Clients can easily check-in and let their counselor know they’re online
- A client queue allows counselors to organize their calls and sessions effectively
- Clients can check into their counselor’s private virtual waiting room. Many counselors personalize their virtual waiting rooms with pictures, messages and videos to give their clients a more pleasant experience
- Mobile apps are available that can make your Doxy.me experience easier and more enjoyable.
Here’s a bit of trivia to help you remember the name of our video mental health partner, Doxy.me. Wonder where they got their name? Doxy.me phonetically pronounced sounds like “doc see me.” “Doxy” is also a Greek root suffix meaning “knowledge, truth, or wisdom.”